I am dairy and gluten intolerant, and I know so many people are also, so I’ve decided to put some of my homemade recipes on my blog. To be fair, this recipe is my husband’s concoction as he’s always been a lasagne specialist.
Recipe (serves 4)
Two 400 g/ 15 oz cans of tomatoes
30 ml/ 2 tbsps tomato puree
5 ml/ 1 tsp dried basil and oregano
250 g/9 oz minced lamb (or Quorn)
100 g/ 4 oz gluten free lasagne
1 packet of dairy free cheese sauce or 200 g/ 7 oz soft soya cheese e.g. Cheezly Mozzarella
100 ml/ 4 fl oz soya milk (unsweetened)
More dairy free cheese to put on the top of the lasagne
1. Preheat oven to 190 °C/ 375 °F/ gas mark 5.
2. Cook the minced lamb in a saucepan until just brown, and drain off the fat.
3. Add the canned tomatoes, puree and herbs, simmer gently for 30 minutes.
4. Cook the lasagne as directed on the packet (remember corn lasagne acts slightly differently to wheat lasagne).
5. If using dairy free cheese sauce, make it up with soya milk, as directed on the packet.
6. If using soya cheese and soya milk, heat the soya milk in a saucepan and grate the cheese into it, to make a sauce.
7. Cover the base of a fairly deep ovenproof dish with a layer of the tomato and meat sauce, then a layer of lasagne, then a layer of sauce, then a layer of soya cheese sauce/ soya cheese.
8. Repeat this until all the ingredients are used up, finishing with a layer of soya cheese on top.
9. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden.
10. You can serve with lettuce, as it complements lasagne well.
Hope you enjoy this, let me know what you think!