Action for Happiness
Action for Happiness is a movement of people committed to building a happier and more caring society. We want to see a fundamentally different way of life – where people care less about what they can get just for themselves and more about the happiness of others.
We bring together like-minded people from all walks of life and help them take practical action, drawing on the latest scientific research. We are backed by leading experts from diverse fields including psychology, education, economics and social innovation.
Members of the movement make a simple pledge: to try to create more happiness in the world around them. We provide ideas and resources to enable people to take action at home, at work or in their community. Many of our members form local groups to take action together.
We have no religious, political or commercial affiliations and welcome people of all faiths (or none) and all parts of society. We were founded in 2010 by Richard Layard, Geoff Mulgan and Anthony Seldon. Our patron is the Dalai Lama.
- What we believe: the core idea behind our movement
- Introductory video about Action for Happiness
- Our Director Mark Williamson shares his vision for a happier society
- Lord Richard Layard gives his answers to the happiness sceptics
- Our Patron: The Dalai Lama
- Supporting quotes from our partners
- Our panel of expert advisors
- Some of our early members
- Our core team
Action for Happiness is currently part of The Young Foundation, which is a Registered Charity (274345) and Company Limited by Guarantee (1319183) in England and Wales.
Read more here: